"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you may go." Josuah 1:9

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My first Mission Trip Port au Prince Haiti.

Last year I went on my first mission trip, it was a one week trip through Harvest international (harvestinternational.org) to Port au prince Haiti. That all started well with me I guess, I have always wanted to go on a mission trip and the Herrera’s hooked me on Haiti. That mission trip was life changing for me, I learned so much on that trip and I immediately fell in love with probably most of all the kids I just love all the kids. I really and truly was devastated when that week was up and I was incredibly angry the next day when I woke up in my bed with air conditioning. Needless to say that trip brought many things for sure it brought a really special friend and it drew me closer to God. We went down in the middle of July and the Herrera’s had been there since June the spent the entire summer there to see if that’s where God wanted them to be possibly on a full time basis. Now their story is absolutely amazing they are a big part of every decision I have ever made about Haiti go to theherrerasinhaiti.blogspot.org to learn more about them and their ministries. That is all about last year I may eventually get around to typing up my journal from that week and the song I wrote but that’s all for now the next post will be about this trip. God Bless =)

No comments:

Post a Comment