"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you may go." Josuah 1:9

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

How Haiti Project 2011 started......

The Plan of this trip all started around the time of Halloween 09’ I was helping Mrs. Tracey with her yard sale for Haiti. This was a yard sale of all the things they wouldn’t need in Haiti when they moved there January of 2011. Now there are a few things you need to know about Mrs. Tracey she makes the world’s GREATEST CUPCAKES and she knows how to get you to Haiti (not to say it took a lot to get me their). The conversation started with cupcake ideas and new things to add in, and then we started talking about what they would be doing their, then she said it “You should come stay the summer with us in 2011. We will have just moved up there and you can help us out, then your parents can bring a team up the last week and you can fly back with them!” That was it I was absolutely into it we even started planning it out she was like “Start saving now then by the time that summer comes around you would have half the money, and tell your parents for your 16th birthday all you want is to go to Haiti, and you could say they only have to put up the other half!” So we were psyched but I wasn’t sure my mom would go for it. I was right (no offense to mom). She said no to the whole summer she didn’t want me be gone on my 16th so we settled for a month. I was just so excited I could burst I was saving and telling all my friends and was excited all through Christmas I was just HAPPY. Then there was sadness. I will explain the sadness next although most of you could probably guess. God Bless =)

No comments:

Post a Comment